Optical instrumentations and microscopy - Plateform C3-Fab
- The optical and microscopy ressources (PRIOM in French) was set up so as to be able to develop and to give access to the latest instrumentation together with high level expertise in the areas of interference microscopy, 4D profilometry, AFM and optical microscopy. Since January 2017, these facilities have been integrated in the C3-Fab platform.
- The instruments allow characterization in 2D, 3D and 4D (3D + t) of the topography of micro and nanostructured surfaces and constitute the basic instrumentation for some of the research undertaken within the IPP team.
Optical rooms for healthcare applications - Imagine Plateform
Two optical rooms for ICube researchs in relation with healthcare are in the Civil hospital as a part of the Imagine platefrom link
The trend towards microscopic and nanoscopic scales requires simulation tools based on wave optics.
Our research work uses simulation software ranging from ray tracing:
- Code V,
- Zemax OpticStudio14.2,
to software based on rigorous vectorial methods such as:
- FDTD: Finite Difference Time Domain,
- FEM: Finite Element Methods,
- RSM: Radiation Spectrum Method, Radiation Spectrum Method
- FMM: Fourier Modal Method,
- MIE: generalized Mie theory.
Particular effort is focused on the interaction between an optical beam and subwavelength structures. To do this, we develop dedicated simulation tools. The components studied are used in measurement systems for medical applications or for use in the control of photonics processes.
6 optics rooms
- The main research themes that benefit from the equipment in these rooms are:
- The surface charaterization of diffractive optical elements (scalar and vectorial) made by micro and nanofabrication (in collaboration with l’Institut Femto-ST) in which the designs are based on iterative methods developed in the group.
- The study and the analysis of the physical interaction of high power lasers beams with matter.
- The observation, the identification of the layout and the thermal characterization of integrated microcircuits (opto-electronic and electronic).
- The analysis and search for empirical models for the prediction of the structuring of materials by laser processes.
IREPA Laser is a Technology Ressource Center and partner of our team.
Examples of laser sources at IREPA:
- "Tangerine" Femtosecond Laser: 20W 500 fs
- Laser diode: 20 W à 3000 W
- Ytterbium fiber laser: 20 W à 5000 W
- CO2 Lasers: 150 W à 3500 W
- Nd:YAG Lasers: continuous and pulsed
- Excimer lasers, etc.
- Consultancy for other laboratories or companies is assured as far as is possible.